As I was browsing several web sites for research article ideas I can write over the weekend, I stumbled upon a rather interesting Associated Press article. According to the article, a young Russian lady married a man simply because she wanted a green card to live in the United States.
Here is a tidbit from her ad she placed on the Internet:
"Green Card Marriage -- Will pay $300/month. Total $15,000," the Russian national wrote in an ad placed on the Craigslist Web site. "This is strictly platonic business offer, sex not involved."
Her "husband," Benjamin Adams, apparently was willing to get paid a small amount in a business deal that surely would land him in hot water. Even though this is the first time the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement ever had a case like this, something tells me it won't be the last...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment