Comcast may get all sorts of hell for its business practices in the cable and Internet world, but the company still manages to do some things to make users happy. For example, did you know Comcast does pro-rate partial months of service?
Let's say there is something on Showtime that you want to watch, but don't want the channel for an entire month -- a specific MMA or boxing event, for example. You can call Comcast to get the service activated for the evening, then cancel it the next day, only having to pay something like ~$1.50 for the service.
Don't believe me? In case you're too lazy to ask for yourself, here is a conversation I had with a Comcast online tech support person today:
ME: I was curious if Comcast pro-rates channels? I want Showtime just so I can watch an MMA event tonight, but don't want it anymore, pretty much. I already pay $130 per month, and don't want to pay an extra $20 for the channels.
Tech Support: Yes we do actually, I can take Showtime off of your account today and you will only pay for what you have received so far.
ME: I imagine it would only be a couple of bucks if I have it for a day or two? I just want to watch one event tonight.
Tech Support: It is usually around $18.00 per month, and if had for today and tomorrow that works out to roughly $1.20 -$1.50.
Also, let me point you to a Comcast notice (PDF) published on its web site.
Still don't believe me? Feel free to give Comcast a call to see if this is truly a legitimate practice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thank you very much for the great tip i hope works next time a showtime MMA event happens.
Post a Comment