Friday, July 13, 2007

Summer Reading Selections

Are you in the need for a bit of summer reading? If so, please allow me to offer a couple choices from authors that I simply haven't been able to stop reading.

Barry Eisler's John Rain book series quickly turned into one of my favorite series I have ever read - the plot lines, characters, everything makes it memorable. Eisler's seriousness towards realism (i.e. locations, weapons, tactics, etc.) in the books is also commendable.

Another nice touch is that he is willing to admit when he makes a mistake (link can be found on his web site).

Eisler's latest book, Requiem for an Assassin, received a plethora of solid reviews.

All of this is rather strange for me, especially since I usually don't like reading book series very often.

... but I have another book series that I have enjoyed reading: J.A. Konrath's book series about a pretty gnarly detective.

No comments: